Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Heart Themed Number Matching Busy Bag

I made these for my son's Preschool class this Valentine's Day! I know the kids will love having something to play with when they get home, and the parents will be relieved its not more candy! I love this PreK busy bag because it covers a wide range of ages and skill levels. If your child is just learning colors you can igore the numbers and just match colors. If they are onto counting and number recognition, match the number on the clothes pin to the correct number of dots (colors match). If they are learning to read, have them match the number to the correct number word and then check if they are right by counting the dots on the back --- they match. FUN!! To make it more Valentine's Themed I punched the numbers out with a heart shaped punch.


~ HERE'S HOW TO DO IT ~
 
Supplies: (Make 15 Busy Bags/Valentine's)
2 sheets each of 5 colors of 8.5x11 cardstock - 10 sheets total for all 15 bags!!!
150 clothespins (10/bag)
Heart shaped paper punch
Hot glue
Marker
 
Instructions:
 
1. Cut out 2 inch squares from each of the colors to make 10 per child.

2. Punch out 10 hearts per child, write the numbers 1-10 on them and glue to the pinching tip of the clothes pin.
 

 
3. Write the words 'one' through 'ten' on the square cards. Then on the reverse, draw the corresponding number of dots. *NOTE: When I used a sharpie it bled through, so I would suggest raiding your child's washables. ;)

 
4. Place everything in a ziplock baggie along with your valentine or printed note.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...