Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Craft-Along {ABC Animal Handprint Book}


Starting in March, I am inviting you to join me for my first ever {Craft-Along}!! We will be making an ABC Animal Handprint Book inspired by the original blog post by {Red Ted Art} published last Octocber! I am so excited because my 4 year old LOVES art and is always begging me to paint. This will be a fun way for him to learn his letters while doing what he loves! Below you will find a list for all the supplies you will need to complete your own book. You will also find a schedule of how the six weeks will look. Each week we will complete 4-5 animals and by the end of 6 weeks you will have a finished ABC book made with your child's own handprints! :)

Click {here} for a FREE PRINTABLE to use with your book which includes the text for each letter ("A is for Alien") and a letter tracing page that can be used with a dry-erase marker or dry-erase crayons when you are finished and the pages have been laminated.

I would LOVE - LOVE - LOVE to see pictures of your kids' artwork along the way!! If you would like to share please join my photo group on flickr {Craft-Along: ABC Handprint Book}.

Complete Supply List
Washable Paint (as many colors as you can)
Paint brushes
Googley Eyes
Markers
Tulle or shimmery fabric (for the bee)
Feathers(for the owl - you pick the color)
Construction Paper
Yarn (for the unicorns hair - you pick the color)
White paper
Laminator & sheets (*It is totally worth it to buy one)

Craft-Along Schedule
Week One
A is for Alien
B is for Bee
C is for Crocodile
D is for Dinosaur
E is for Elephant

Week Two
F is for Flamingo
G is for Gorilla
H is for Hippopotamus
I is for Impala
J is for Jelly Fish

Week Three
K is for Kingfisher
L is for Ladybug
M is for Monkey
N is for Narwhal

Week Four
O is for Owl
P is for Penguin
Q is for Quail
R is for Raccoon

Week Five
S is for Snail
T is for Turtle
U is for Unicorn
V is for Vulture

Week Six
W is for Walrus
X is for X-Ray Fish
Y is for Yak
Z is for Zebra

1 comment:

  1. I want to try to do this with you! Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...