Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mommy Time-Out Ideas

I teasingly posted on my Facebook page that I was going to put a cooler full of ice cream and chocolate on my porch to enjoy every few hours to escape from the chaos of mothering. While it seems funny you have to admit that it sounds enticing doesn't it?! I rarely get a break - and without an excuse to be alone even my break time involves my kids. It's like some sort of tracker beacon was implanted after childbirth...the kids are content so I slip away for just a moment - even just to pee with the door shut - and instantly they are calling for me, banging on the door to find me! SERIOUSLY?!

If you've ever had the blessing of being away from your kids for even a few hours to just sit and be alone you will agree that a relaxed mom is a more patient and more fun mom. My husband can always tell when I haven't been getting enough time to myself and has been know to kick me out of the house for an non-negotiable "mommy time out" right smack dab in the middle of one of my rants. Have you been there? Please tell me I'm not the only one. Here is a fun poster that I created just for you to download and stick on your fridge! (Click on the image below for a free printable PDF file)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...