Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

This is a recipe that happened by accident when I modified the ingredients on a popular one I found online. The results were amazing - this is going to replace my old recipe!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 to 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups dry oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups mix ins (my favorite is dried cranberries)

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large mixing bowl beat together shortening and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add vanilla and eggs, mixing well after each addition.
2. Add dry ingredients, mixing on low speed until moistened.
3. Add yogurt 1/4 cup at a time until cookie dough sticks together and is no longer crumbly.
4. Place spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Allow to cool for several minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Store in an air tight container. (Yields: 6-8 dozen 2 inch cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...