Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dino Playdoh Fossil Busy Bag

I offered my 4 year old some 'brand new play-doh' this afternoon and he practically ran to the table. But when I brought out a handful of plastic dinosaurs for him to play with too you should've seen his face!!! We played together for the next hour making fossils by pressing them into the playdoh on their sides, playing a matching game - I made impressions an he had to make a match, making footprints, plus a lot of roaring and stomping (the dinos) and giggling (for us)! Have fun with your kiddos and enjoy this recipe for playdoh. 


Homemade Jello Playdoh (makes a lot)
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup salt
6 oz package jello - your choice of flavor
2 Tbsp cream of tarter
3 Tbsp oil
3 cups water

In a large pot sift together dry ingredients. Add oil and water mixing well. Cook over medium high heat stirring  frequently until it forms a dough ball that is no longer sticky. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface and allow to cool until it is cool enough to touch. Knead for several minutes to make sure it is well combined. Allow to fully cool and cut into portions. Store in an airtight container. :)




1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I just need to get some dinosaurs and my daughter would LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...