Thanks for stopping by and spending a moment to read my blog. I am just a simple mom, like you, doing the best she can to raise her children to be happy, healthy, Jesus-loving little humans. I hope that I can pass along to you some of what has been helpful to me. Enjoy & thank you for your comments and words of encouragement when you like what you read. :)

Sunday, June 23, 2013

DIY Boppy Cover Tutorial

Three kids later my Boppy Pillow needed a face lift. After digging through my fabric scraps and a few trial runs, I have a tutorial for you that works beautifully!! Just FYI - this is for a cover that is non-removable, not a slip cover (no zipper, snaps or flap).
 
Add caption
SUPPLIES:
2/3 yard fabric
1/2 yard thin elastic
 
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. With approximately 2/3 yard of fabric folded in half, lay your boppy down with the "arms" open wide. You may need a helper. Trace the outline of your boppy leaving a generous 1 to 2 inch border. (A wide border and outstretched layout are both IMPORTANT --- I ripped the first two I made because I didn't leave enough fabric for it to stretch)
Hello pregnant belly :)
2. Cut out two identical layers of fabric. You can see from my photo that the boppy was "open" when I traced it.
Fabric cut & ready to sew
3. Starting on the top at one of the corners and right sides together, sew a 1/4" seam. When you get to the inside middle sew in your elastic with approximately 50% tension (not loose, not tight). Continue sewing your 1/4" seam until you get to the first coner again. STOP when you get to about 10" from where you started. This may seem like a wide opening but its necessary for the pillow to fit.
1/4" seam and elastic middle
4. Turn the cover right side out and stuff your boppy inside. Helps to bunch it up at the ends like when you are putting on panty hoes. ;)
Boppy stuffed into cover
5. Hand stitch the opening with matching thread, and you are done!
Hand stitched closed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...